Pennsylvania has recently made front-page news across the Nation.
The prescription opioid and heroin overdose epidemic is the worst public health crisis facing our state, from big cities to rural communities.
- It has infiltrated Macungie
- It has affected students and families of all races, ethnic groups, ages, and income levels; including those from affluent families.
- There is no TYPICAL user.
- One person dies from an overdose every 2 1/2 days in the Lehigh Valley
HOPE: Heroin and Opioid Prevention Education was developed in response to the growing concern around heroin and opioid abuse. Lisa Wolff, of the Center for Humanistic Change will facilitate our program.
This program is meant to inform our mature community.
- What is Heroin? •What are Opiods?
- What are Signs and Symptoms of Opiate use?
- Effects of Use on Health, Relationships, and Life
- Local Resources •How to Get Help
To be included in the initial registration for this program we must receive your registration request by 5PM, Tuesday, February 28, 2017. Be advised, programs may already be filled for registrations received after that date.